Updated May 2018
We at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast take personal privacy very seriously and take steps to ensure that your data is used and stored in a secure manner. This statement explains how we use your data and what rights you have in relation to your personal information.
Please relay any questions you may have to:
Data Protection Officer
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Great Victoria Street
1. Who we are
We are Graffan Properties Limited and throughout this Privacy Statement ‘we’, ‘us’. ‘our’, and ‘ours’ refers to Graffan Properties Limited. For more information about us, see our website at www.fitzwilliamhotelbelfast.com .
2. The information we collect about you
We will hold:
• Data to identify you, including contact details;
• Certain identifiers such as payment card details;
• Information which you have consented to us using; and
• Other information such as telephone recordings, and CCTV images.
3. How we collect information about you
We collect information in a number of ways:
i. Information you give us;
ii. Information from your use of our products & services;
iii. Information from your use of our website or and mobile apps; and
iv. Information provided to us by third parties.
4. How we use your information
We use and share your data where:
You have agreed or explicitly consented to the using of your data in a specific way – you may withdraw consent at any time;
Use is required in relation to a service or a contract you have entered into, such as making reservations or securing payment;
Use is necessary because we have to comply with a legal obligation;
Use is necessary to protect your ‘vital interests’ in certain circumstances;
Use is for our ‘legitimate interests, such as managing our business]
To inform you of our services
5. How we keep your information safe
We know that you care about how your information is used, stored, and shared. We at The Fitzwilliam Hotel take appropriate measures that comply with the relevant laws and the GDPR. Our IT systems meet international standards of security, while physical file storage is subject to safeguards, such as secure premises and filing systems.
6. Use of third parties
In order that we may provide you with our services we may share your information with:
Your authorised representatives;
Third parties with whom:
o We need to share your information to facilitate transactions you have requested; and
o You ask us to share your information;
Service providers who provide us with support services;
Statutory and regulatory bodies;
7. How long we hold your data
While we do not wish to hold your information for longer than is required, we are subject to legislative and regulatory rules that we must follow.
8. Implications of not providing your data
If you do not provide information, we may not be able to provide services, or maintain services.
9. Your rights in relation to your information
The regulations, which come into effect on May 25th, 2018, give you enhanced rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
1. Access to your information and copies of your information;
2. Have information corrected and updated;
3. Object to a particular use of your information;
4. Deletion or restriction of use of your information, in certain circumstances;
5. Obtain a portable copy of your information;
6. To withdraw consent, where processing is based on consent.
How to exercise your rights
If you wish to exercise these rights you can contact us at [email protected]
Or call us at: +44 28 9044 2080
If we are unable to deal with your request within one calendar month, we may in certain circumstances due to complexity of the request, extend this period by up to two further months.
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission at:
call 1890 252 231
Data Protection Commission,
Or UK Equivalent:
ICO contact details
Helpline: 0303 123 1114
Information Commissioner’s Office
14 Cromac Place